Heavy workout and hard training can leave a person with body pain and stressed muscles. So it is very important to include massage therapy as a part of daily routine. There are numerous benefits of body massage. It not only helps in muscle relaxation but also rehabilitates and prevents injury.
There are various techniques like acupressure, reiki etc. which can be used for different kinds of healing. However, there are some massages which are a must for anyone trying to build strong muscles.
- Swedish Massage: It is the most common massage used by the muscle builders. Oil is applied to the skin and is rubbed with strokes in the direction of blood returning to the heart. This massage is highly beneficial for increasing the oxygen level in the blood.
- Sports Massage: This massage therapy is recommended to every muscle builder and athlete. It includes several massage techniques that focuses largely on stressed out muscles. It increases flexibility and aids quick recovery and thus increases the performance.
- Deep Tissue Massage: It is a more vigorous kind of massage therapy which focuses on tendons and fascia . Pressure is applied on the deepest layer of the muscle, that helps to break tension patterns, relieves chronic pain and improves the motion range.
It is a well known fact that massage is beneficial for body. However, regular massage can improve the performance of muscle builders by providing them the below mentioned benefits:
- Increases Flexibility and Motion : Heavy workout and training may leave the muscles tight and strained. Massage helps to stretch the muscle fibers, which in turn increases the flexibility and motion of the body.
- Improves Circulation: Many a times workout and training cause the damage of facial tissues. This prohibits the blood flow in the muscle, making it harder to breathe. Regular massage increases the blood circulation that helps the muscle builder to breathe easily during workout.
- Relieves Pain: Straining of muscles may cause muscle pain. Pain in the body after workout is the indication that some muscles have been damaged or injured during workout. Massage therapy helps to deal with such pain quickly.
- Quick Recovery: Massage increases the blood flow and lymph fluid which is required for the natural healing process of the body. Hence it helps to recover the body from injury by quickly removing the scar tissues and reducing the chances of further injuries.
- Reduces Muscle Tension: Regular massage helps the body to relax by reducing the tension created in the muscle during the workout.
- Removes Toxin: As massage therapy increases the blood flow, waste such as lactic and uric acid released during a workout session are automatically flushed out of the body.
- Improves Sleep: Sleep plays an important role in body’s healing and recovery process. A sleep deprived muscle builder cannot perform at his or her best. Massage reduces muscle tension, helping the body to relax which in turn increases both the quality and quantity of sleep.